Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I deleted a post and I take it back

I had a post here - it was about losing my favourite healthy cookie recipe.  It was banana, oat, date goodness. And it was lost.  I couldn't find it on the net again. But, I did find a similar one.

I made the recipe I'd found.  When they came out of the oven I thought they tasted gross, and quite frankly looked like little poos. So I put them on a plate in the kitchen, and promptly deleted my post.  

The following day I picked one up and tried it.  Delicious.

Dunno what happened, perhaps I was too close to the ingredients so I couldnt taste them properly.  Whatever it was, I take it back and here is the recipe again, adapted for my own tastes.

Banana Oatmeal Cookies  
1 egg
1 cup oats 
1 cup white whole wheat flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/4 cup raisins and add nuts or anything you like to add texture
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
3T golden syrup/honey
3T peanut butter
1 banana, mashed 
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 

Preheat the oven to 180.   
In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the raisins.In another bowl combine golden syrup, vanilla, mashed banana, egg and lemon juice.
Pour into the dry mixture and stir well but don't overmix. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a baking tray. Flatten each cookie slightly with a fork. Bake for 5-10 minutes - watch them, so they don't over cook.



They look like little poos - don't they!  I'm going to dip in chocolate next time.

No comments: