Friday, March 12, 2010

Bread

Branching out further into dough's after my food processor did such a good job of the pasta dough, I decided to make my very first bread.

I know. I'm excited again just typing this. I decided to make the smallest recipe I could find to start. because again I didn't want a huge doughy mess if it didn't work out and, as I'm making it in a food processor the machine can only do one batch at a time.

This recipe is adapted from the back of the Edmonds yeast packet, and makes one small loaf.

Bread
500gms Edmonds breadmix (I used high grade flour)
1 sachet 8g of dry yeast
1/2 t sugar
300ml water
Whizz it all up in a food processor - dry stuff in first then drizzle in the water.
Knead for 5mins, proof for an hour, knock back by punching the risen dough and proof again.
Bake at 200 for about 30mins or so.

This really was easy, and the bread tasted so different from the store bought stuff.

I don't eat a lot of bread really, and this beautiful natural stuff, free of preservatives doesn't last long.  I may try slicing and freezing it next time.



No comments: