Saturday, December 12, 2009

This week!

Ok so this week I will be making ice cream as made by Laura on 'hungryandfrozen'  It looks like a super easy recipe (which is what I love) and also simple ingredients (which I also love).

So I have just scoured her site looking for this oh so simple recipe- and I couldn't really find it. Well I found one for ginger ice cream which looks simple - so I will have to adapt it to chocolate.  I do like adapting recipes so should be sweet as! Ill also perhaps try less sugar. Cos I'm like that about sugar. 

Chocolate Ice Cream
25g butter
100 gms of good quality chocolate   
1/2 cup icing sugar 
300mls cream 

In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and half the chocolate together gently. Once that's done take it off the heat and stir in the icing sugar and vanilla. Then whisk the cream till it's significantly thickened but not actually whipped into peaks. Mix in the other half of the chocolate, broken into chunks. Mix in the melted chocolate. Pour into a container and freeze. You don't need to churn this - just let it soften slightly before serving. 

I like this recipe cos you don't have to churn, and it doesn't contain eggs. I don't have anything against eggs, it just seems like a harder way to make it.

Ill try this this week, and if it turns out well will perhaps take some for Xmas eve dinner at Williams sister's house. As well as another lot for the next day at mum and dads.
What was left:

No comments: