Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Breakfast


One of my favourite meals of the day - especially weekend brunch.  I've had this 'woddles' waffle maker for ages, the waffles come out like little penguins, and hadn't made any yet.
So the other evening I remembered all about it - and that I had some left over cream in the fridge plus some strawberries that would go deliciously.  So I went off to happy dream land with waffles on my mind.

Next morning a delicious breakfast story unfolded in the shape of Oatmeal Waffles

Oatmeal Waffles
1c flour
3t baking powder
4T melted butter
1c rolled oats
1t salt
1c milk
1 egg beaten
1 T sugar
1/2 c raisins -optional I didn't use these, but would have been a rad inclusion

Sift flour, sugar, bp into a bowl.  Add rolled oats, and raisins if using.  Add the egg, melted butter and egg. Mix together lightly - don't over mix.  
Drop into your waffle iron.  Top with whatever you like - my boy likes golden syrup.

Simply magnificent - will make again.
xx

No comments: